Last week TestProject 3.0 has been officially released (you can learn more about it on our announcement blog and release notes), and in addition to powerful parallel execution capabilities, we also introduced a brand new built-in GitHub integration, enabling you to now benefit from version control and access previous versions of your tests 💪
GitHub is a version control platform that allows you to track your code, manage your work in different branches and environments and store different versions of your code. Using the TestProject integration with GitHub, your synchronized projects are stored as repositories with all of their tests (with simple YAML format) in them. Each change that you make in your test, will automatically be stored and documented so you can seamlessly keep track of your progress.
Using TestProject’s built-in integration with GitHub enables you to:
- Split your test automation into different environments
- Synchronize entire projects with GitHub: the tests will be saved in YAML format and contain all the information to run autonomously
- Seamlessly keep and access test history
- Manage different versions and save all of your team’s progress
- Run any previous test versions using TestProject CLI/Offline
- Import various test versions back into TestProject
- See what has changed in your tests directly on GitHub
- Integrate your CI flow directly into GitHub repos (below is an example diagram for a CI flow with TestProject-GitHub Integration)
Full version control with GitHub – HERE WE GO 🔥
From now on you can easily setup full version control integration with GitHub. All you need to have is:
- An active free TestProject account (if you don’t already have one, simply signup free here).
- An active GitHub account.
- GitHub personal access token which can be obtained here.
Setup the GitHub Integration
Connecting TestProject with your GitHub repo to keep track of your test history is simple! You can go through the quick guide on our Docs here, and learn how to:
- How to create a personal access token in GitHub
- Create the GitHub integration in TestProject
- Edit the GitHub integration in TestProject
- Indication for a synced project
- Start/stop a single project synchronization
- View test history
Take Control of Your Test Automation
This new TestProject 3.0 version enables you to drastically reduce time to market and deliver high-quality software at speed, no matter what’s your skillset. Finally, everyone can easily achieve fast release cycles (beginners as well as experts!) as TestProject 3.0 aligns your testing teams to fast-paced agile development life cycles and enhances whole-team collaboration between testers and developers.
If you have any questions, feedback, or need help getting started, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any of our support channels, we’re always happy to help you.
- In-app chat within the TestProject platform
- Active forum
- Support email at [email protected]
- Live demo events every week!