Great news for the community – Introducing OpenSDK 🎉 While developing powerful FREE tools for testers, we decided to help developers as well – making their life easier for testing web & mobile apps. We are proud to introduce you to OpenSDK – a cross platform open source automation framework for both web & mobile testing. Built with 💗 by the community, for the community.
Table of Contents – Introducing OpenSDK
- Live Event Introducing OpenSDK [Webinar recording]
- What is OpenSDK
- How OpenSDK Works
- Free Dashboards, Analytics & Local HTML Reports
- Getting Started Resources & Examples [Divided per programming language]
- Open source automation framework contributed by TestProject.
- A single interface for both Native Mobile and Web application testing.
- Reduces complexity with setup for mobile testing.
- Cross platform, and even enables testing iOS on Windows.
- Compatible with leading open source testing libraries & tools: Selenium, Appium, BDD frameworks (Cucumber, SpecFlow & Behave), Unit Testing frameworks (Unittest, Pytest, Mocha, MSTest, NUnit, and xUnit.NET).
- FREE cloud dashboards & analytics for your tests.
- Beautiful local HTML reports.
With only one command you can start testing right away:
- The Python OpenSDK is available on PyPI. All you need to do is add it as a Python module using:
pip3 install testproject-python-sdk
- The Java OpenSDK is available as a Maven/Gradle dependency. For a Maven project, add the following to your
<dependency> <groupId>io.testproject</groupId> <artifactId>java-sdk</artifactId> <version>1.0.0-RELEASE</version> </dependency>
For a Gradle project, add the following to your
- The C# OpenSDK is available as a NuGet package.
These dependencies/packages are already bundled with Selenium & Appium, thus you have a ready-to-go toolset that is always updated with the latest & greatest drivers & servers to help you easily develop tests on any environment (Windows, macOS & Linux) for web (UI or headless, across all major browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE & Safari), iOS & Android native apps (including iOS on Windows) – while also automatically receiving local HTML reports, and as a bonus, if you register your TestProject Agent you can also benefit from free cloud dashboards & analytics!
With OpenSDK you benefit from a whole world of beautiful test reports and analytics reports – both local in HTML format and on the cloud, starting from TestProject 2.0. Whichever way you prefer, we’ve got you covered 😉
Free cloud dashboards & analytics: Collaborate or share your test execution results in one centralized dashboard to debug fast and ship with confidence. Get insights about release quality with step-by-step detailed reports, including screenshots and logs.
Local HTML reports: Benefit from detailed Selenium, Appium or BDD test reports in HTML format. These reports are automatically created locally for every test execution, providing you with an ultimate end-to-end experience right alongside your code.
Curious to take OpenSDK for a spin? 🎡 It couldn’t be easier! Below are a couple of great resources to get you started instantly:
- Python OpenSDK
- GitHub repository: https://github.com/testproject-io/python-opensdk
- Examples: https://github.com/testproject-io/opensdk-examples/tree/main/python
- Docs: https://docs.testproject.io/testproject-sdk/opensdk-v2/python-sdk
- Blog tutorials:
- Webinars & video tutorials:
- Java OpenSDK
- GitHub repository: https://github.com/testproject-io/java-opensdk
- Examples: https://github.com/testproject-io/opensdk-examples/tree/main/java
- Docs: https://docs.testproject.io/testproject-sdk/opensdk-v2/java-sdk
- Blog tutorials:
- Video tutorial: Develop Selenium and Appium Java Tests using the TestProject OpenSDK
- Official Blog tutorial & Docs – coming soon!
- C# OpenSDK
- GitHub repository: https://github.com/testproject-io/csharp-opensdk
- Examples: https://github.com/testproject-io/opensdk-examples/tree/main/csharp
- Docs: https://docs.testproject.io/testproject-sdk/opensdk-v2/c
- Blog tutorial: Getting Started with TestProject C# OpenSDK
- Webinar: TestProject C# OpenSDK & SpecFlow BDD Living Documentation/Reports On The Cloud!
Have questions or need help?
If you have any questions, feedback, or need help getting started, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any of our support channels, we’re always happy to help you and would love to see your own contributions to this growing community! 🙌
- In-app chat within the TestProject platform
- Active forum
- Support email at [email protected]
- Live demo events every week!
Happy testing with OpenSDK 🚀