TestProject is excited to announce the official release of its new, free OpenSDK 🎉 The vision of the OpenSDK is to provide a single, integrated interface to scripting with the most popular open source test automation frameworks. Built directly on top of Selenium and Appium, the actions and syntax will feel familiar to experienced users of either framework. With one unified SDK available across multiple languages, developers and testers can have a go-to toolset regardless of the app being automated.
This groundbreaking release provides a wide variety of new features to further enhance the OpenSDK:
- Open source and available on major package repos like Maven, PyPI, and NuGet.
- 5-mins simple Selenium and Appium setup with a single Agent deployment.
- Automatic test reports in HTML/PDF format (including screenshots).
- Collaborative reporting dashboards with execution history and RESTful API support.
- Always up-to-date with the latest and stable Selenium driver version.
- A simplified, familiar syntax for both web and mobile applications.
- Complete test runner capabilities for both local and remote executions, anywhere.
- Cross platform support for Mac, Windows, Linux and Docker.
- Ability to store and execute tests locally on any source control tool, such as Git.
As with prior versions of TestProject’s SDK, the new release of the OpenSDK works closely with TestProject, providing a wealth of test automation features at no cost:
- 100% compatibility with Selenium and Appium, including execution of existing scripts developed in either framework.
- One click agent install and update, downloading and configuring all dependencies automatically, including Selenium, Appium, and other required components.
- Out-of-the-box reporting, dashboards, and test analytics with automatic sharing via email and Slack.
- Centralized test framework including page object model, test data management, test storage, and more!
- Easy integration with your DevOps toolchain, including integrations to Jenkins, qTest, BrowserStack, Sauce Labs, and a fully documented REST API.
This release is an evolution in its existing developer SDK to add industry leading features which have been requested by early adopters. All previously developed scripts and addons will be compatible with the new OpenSDK, with a wealth of added capabilities.
Users interested to try TestProject’s new OpenSDK can follow these steps to get started:
- Create a free TestProject account
- Download and install the TestProject agent
- Install the SDK from your favorite package manager:
- Explore our SDK documentation to understand available functions:
- Create your automated tests! 🤩
If you have any questions, feedback, or need help getting started, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we’re always happy to assist you.
Happy testing! 🚀