A test automation challenge that will enable you to share your superpowers with the entire automation community!
What’s the challenge?
This 15-minute test automation challenge is all about combining API and UI tests for better coverage and quality!
Using TestProject, you will need to create a test that compares what you get in the UI with the responses you get in the API. It’s that simple, and there are no coding skills required to complete the challenge!
To help you get started, here’s a quick tutorial video for creating two tests: One that gets an API response and one that gets text from a page through the UI. Your challenge is to take these two tests and combine them together and see if you can compare what the API gives you with what you get from the web page itself. Basically, check that what you get in the UI contains your API response.
Important – Please notice that the GET request input parameter Uri should be: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php (and not https://www.example.org/w/api.php as seen in the video).
If you don’t have a TestProject Account – No worries, it’s FREE! Just sign up here and get started – https://testproject.io/. Notice that you must have the latest Agent version installed.
For additional reference – here’s the complete playlist for getting started with TestProject (created by Dave Westerveld) which provides all the expert info you need to know about TestProject in less than 5 mins for each tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5qXkPB0T6VeyY1nGBf7hU8G2Zx3LrDwg
How can you win? Simple!
Share your results in your social media platforms (LinkedIn and/or Twitter), following all of these instructions:
- Your post title should include: “I’ve completed the TestProject Test automation Superpowers Challenge!”. You could of course also add your feedback on the challenge, we would love to hear if you enjoyed it 😎
- Incorporate a video or screenshots of your challenge results.
- Tag @TestProject and include these hashtags: #testproject #automationsuperpowers2019
- Send us a link to the posts you’ve shared on social media to this address: [email protected]
Good Luck and Have Fun! 😉
Terms and Conditions
- The challenge starts on May 8th 2019 and ends on May 30th 2019.
- The winners will be announced on June 3rd, 2019.
- The TestProject Pro account Prize will be given to the first 50 people who complete the challenge according to the instructions above.
- The Lego Nasa Kit Prize Winner will be determined by a random automatic selection draw.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that TestProject may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) described in the challenge-specific rules.
- By entering this challenge, all participants and winners agree to the instructions above and to TestProject.io terms of service. TestProject reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this challenge, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation, for any reason that reasonably deems necessary.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition